Friday, November 18, 2011

OPI Polish Review!

So I have been dying to get some new nail polishes.


Well I finally was able to get one the other day.
I got the new OPI Stranger Tides from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection.
I want all of the polishes in that collection, but I could only find one. I snatched it before anyone else could! There was ONE bottle left, out of all the colors. I guess they are pretty popular.


So this is what the bottle looks like.




I put on OPI's base coat first to allow the polish to stick to my nail better. If you do not use a base coat, the polish will start to chip sooner. Make sure you apply the base polish all the way to the tip.


Then I put on the Stranger Tides polish. This is what ONE coat looks like.


It is a little blurry, but you get the idea. It is streaky and you can see my nail through.
Most, if not all, polishes require more than one coat, but I thought I would show you what one coat looks like.


I put on another coat, fairly thick. Some of my nails needed one more coat if I did not put the 2nd coat on thick enough.
Here is what it looks like after finishing.



You should always use a good top coat last. Some top coats are better than others, you will just have to try some out and see which you like best. You get what you pay for most of the time. I hate spending lots of money on nail polishes, but it is worth it.
I do not have a top coat on in this picture because I couldn't find it =(
Top coat makes it shiny and protects the polish underneath. And also keeps it from chipping so easily. 


These pictures are pretty close to the actual color. Computer screens vary and the colors may be slightly different, but on my screen it is pretty close. It looks a little different under different lighting anyway.
It is almost turquoise, but grey-er. lol. Green, turquoise, grey. Very pretty and different. 
I get lots of compliments when I wear this color.
Also, if you see the bottle in the store, the color you see is the color that goes on your nails. Maybe just a tiny bit darker on your nails, but almost exactly the same.
It goes on smooth and creamy! It is not hard to get off either. 


I love this color and I definitely want to get the rest of the Pirates of the Caribbean collection, they are all so pretty! I can't wait to do some nail art with this color!!!


Let me know what you think of this color if you have tried it!! Oh yeah, I got mine at Kroger =P but you can get it online at amazon or ebay.


Can't wait for Pirates of the Caribbean 5!!!!!!!!

2 comments: